Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirled Brownies
Happy birthday to me! I’m celebrating in style today with these little gluten-free and refined sugar-free bites of total deliciousness! I have to say I cheated a little and used the wonderful Sweetpea Pantry brownie mix for the base, but when it contains raw cacao, teff and flaxseeds, it’s not really considered a cheat is it?!
It’s got to be a quickie today I’m afraid, because although I’d love to stay and chat, I’m off for a spot of serious pampering!
For the Brownie Base
· Use any packet of brownie mix — I used half a packet of Sweet Pea Pantry’s Teff, Flaxseed and Cacao Brownie mix and can HIGHLY recommend.
For the Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Filling
· 340g of Cream Cheese
· 75g Coconut Sugar
· 195g Unsweetened Pumpkin Puree
· 2 Large eggs
· ½ tbsp Gluten-free flour
· ½ tsp Cinnamon
· ¼ tsp salt
· 70g Dark Chocolate Chips
· Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
· Line a 20–22cm square baking dish with non-stick parchment.
· Make and bake the brownie mixture as per the instructions on the packet.
· Set aside to cool.
· Soften the cream cheese until smooth.
· In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, coconut sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, flour, cinnamon and salt and mix until well combined.
· Set aside.
· Carefully melt the chocolate in the microwave in 20 second increments, stirring well in between, until fully melted.
· Add half of the pumpkin cheesecake mixture to the chocolate chips and combine well.
· Set aside.
· Pour remaining pumpkin mixture over the cooked brownie base.
· Dollop drops of the chocolate mixture onto pumpkin mixture and swirl with a spoon.
· Bake the cheesecake for approximately 40–45 minutes — you want it to be set but still slightly jiggly when shaken.
· Allow to cool.
· Cover and chill until firm.